Regular service at this station. This station is not usually busy outside of major holidays, but might be slightly more busy over the summer, or closer to performances at the National Centre for the Performing Arts.
If so, use Wangfujing station, which is nearby.
Expect queues at security checkpoints. Exit A is likely less busy.
- Area: Northwestern corner of Tian’anmen Square, Xicheng district
Central Beijing, city centre
- Streets: West Chang’an Avenue; Tian’anmen Square West Side Road
- Hours of Train Service:
▶ Line 1 westbound to Pingguoyuan: 05:15–23:36
▶ Line 1 eastbound to Sihui East: 05:19–23:29
▶ Enter stations at least 10 minutes before the last train arrives, as ticket gates can close early.
- Service Frequencies: Minimum (peak): one train every 2 minutes 5 seconds (approx 29 trains per hour)
- Staffed Counters: Concourses before gates
- Ticket and Value Machines: Throughout concourse
▶ If Add Value machines not available, use a staffed counter.
- Location of Platforms: One central island platform on Underground Level 2
- Side Train Doors Open: Doors will open on the left
- Ticket Gates: Wide gate available
- Station Access: Exits A and C have wheelchair lifts
▶ Call station for assistance: Tel. +86 10 ———
3 exits available: Exits A–C.
▶ Through concourse in use. Choose exit at concourse.
▶ Exit Sets: A & C; B
Bearings are based on which direction an individual is facing at the point of exit on ground level.
- Exit A (NW exit): Eastbound on West Chang’an Avenue; closest exit to Xinhuamen by Zhongnanhai Government Complex
- Exit B (NE exit): Eastbound on West Chang’an Avenue; to Tian’anmen Square
- Exit C (SE exit): Eastbound on West Chang’an Avenue; to Great Hall of the People
▶ There is a direct underground connection to the National Centre for the Performing Arts by Exit C
Exit B: Tian’anmen Square, Tian’anmen Gate, the Monument to the People’s Heroes, and the Forbidden City.
Exit C: National Centre for the Performing Arts; Great Hall of the People
- Transfer to Buses: Bus info coming