▶ Weekday mornings, Underground access to Exit A is likely to be very busy.
▶ Weekday evenings: Access to station managed 16:30–19:00, especially for Exit A. Expect queues.
- Area: Chaoyangmen Bridge, Chaoyang district
Eastern central Beijing, by East 2nd Ring
- Streets: Chaoyangmen Inner and Outer Streets, East 2nd Ring Road
- Hours of Train Service:
▶ Line 2 clockwise loop to Jian’guomen and Beijing Railway Station: 05:18–22:11
▶ Line 2 clockwise to Xizhimen: Last train at 23:00
▶ Line 2 counterclockwise loop to Dongsi Shitiao and Yonghegong Lama Temple: 05:20–22:41
▶ Line 2 counterclockwise to Jishuitan: Last train at 23:26
▶ Line 6 westbound to Haidian Wuluju: 05:39–23:31
▶ Line 6 eastbound to Caofang: 05:49–23:43
▶ Some Line 2 trains, in particular those late at night, will not run a full loop service, and will only go as far as Xizhimen or Jishuitan.
▶ Enter stations at least 10 minutes before the last train arrives, as ticket gates can close early.
- Line 2 Service Frequencies: Minimum (peak): one train every 2 minutes (approx 30 trains per hour)
- Line 6 Service Frequencies: Minimum (peak): one train every 3 minutes (approx 30 trains per hour)
- Staffed Counters: Concourses or entrance halls before gates
- Ticket and Value Machines: Throughout concourse
▶ Only machines by Exits E, G and H can add value to city transit cards; at other exits, proceed to staffed counter
- Location of Line 2 Platforms: One central island platform on Underground Level 2
- Location of Line 2 Platforms: One central island platform on Underground Level 3
- Side Train Doors Open: Doors will open on the left, both on Line 2 and Line 6
- Ease Changing Lines: Somewhat straightforward changing from Line 2 to Line 6, otherwise a little more complex.
- Line 2 ▶ Line 6: Go up stairs in middle of Line 2 platform, continue along passageway, then head downstairs and enter Line 6 part for platform access
- Line 6 ▶ Line 2: Go upstairs to Line 6 concourse, then use either interchange passageway to reach Line 2 part of station; finally, head downstairs onto Line 2 platforms
- Ticket Gates: Wide gates available
- Station Access: Lift available by Exit —, or Wheelchair Lift by Exit —.
4 exits available: Exits A, E, G and H
▶ Mixed concourses in use. Pay particular attention to exit signs.
▶ Exit A is in the Line 2 concourse
▶ The former Exit B (Line 2) is now closed
▶ Exits E, G and H are accessed from the Line 6 part
Bearings are based on which direction an individual is facing at the point of exit on ground level.
- Exit A (Line 2): Eastbound on Chaoyangmen Outer Street (north side road)
- Exit E (Line 6): Southbound by Chaoyangmen Inner Street (north side road)
- Exit G (Line 6): Westbound on Chaoyangmen Inner Street (south side road)
- Exit H (Line 6): Northbound by Chaoyangmen Inner Street (south side road)
- Exit A (Line 2): Chinese Foreign Ministry, Full Link Plaza, Sinochem Tower
- Exit G (Line 6): Bank of China Beijing Branch Tower
- Exit H (Line 6): Beijing Inn Tower
- Transfer to Buses: Bus info coming
- Transfer to BRT: BRT Line 2 Chaoyangmen station in vicinity of Subway Exit A