▲ Nankou Image taken 07 Jan 2013
Check times for train services, since trains may not run around the clock
Last updated/reviewed 07 Jul 2017; next update/review due before 07 Jul 2019
This page will soon be updated with more pictures and information
Where is this station?
To the north of crossing between Xinglong and Jiaotong Roads, Changping District, Beijing (北京市昌平区兴隆街、交通街路口北侧)
Northwest of Central Beijing; west, slightly northwest, of Central Changping
- 10 km west, slightly northwest, of Central Changping (15-20 minutes)
Unless otherwise indicated, times are based on a journey by road without traffic queues. Traffic in Beijing is known to be rather unpredictable.
What railway lines or routes are available here?
- Main line served: Suburban trains: Line S2 to Badaling and Yanqing
I’m boarding a train from this station.
Departing from this station
- Car drop-off: Access to Departures hall and ticket office
- Ticket office: To left of entrance
- Security, Ticket & ID Check: Security Check, Ticket & ID Check required for train passengers only
- Info services: For questions, just ask uniformed members of staff
- Departure gates: In front of you after entering from main station entrance; S2 passengers must use queue system to right-hand side
- Platforms: 2 platforms (2 side platforms in use; Platforms 1 and 2) — access between Platforms 1 and 2 is by footbridge
- Boarding: Gates close 5 minutes before departure
- Access to trains: There are signs before the gates indicating your train number and platform used (一站台: Platform 1; 二站台: Platform 2).
I’m getting off a train at this station.
Arriving at this station
- To Exit: Follow signs to exit passage and use footbridge if coming in from Platform 2
- Station Arrivals: Entrance to station doubles as an exit
- Local transport: Once past exit, connect to buses (or taxis)
Connections to local transport
There are currently local bus and taxi services available.
For the smoothest possible connection, have your destination available in simplified Chinese characters to show to the driver, especially if you are taking a taxi.
- Station opened in 1906 (old station building somewhat hidden on Platform 1)
- Managed by Tongzhou Operations Department, CR Beijing