C trains (城际动车组; Chengji Dongchezu) in China Railways are HSR trains running short-to-mid-distances between major urban centres. Most run at speeds between 200 km/h (125 mph) and 300 km/h (186 mph)
The following railway lines operate C trains:
- Beijing-Tianjin Intercity Railway between Beijing, central Tianjin, and Binhai, via Wuqing
- Guangzhou-Shenzhen Railway between Guangzhou and Shenzhen via Dongguan (CRH trains on regular rail)
- Guangzhou-Zhuhai Intercity Railway between Guangzhou and Zhuhai or Jiangmen
- Zhengzhou-Jiaozuo Intercity Railway between Zhengzhou and Jiaozuo
- Zhengzhou-Kaifeng Intercity Railway between Zhengzhou and Songcheng Road (Songchenglu)
Please note that this list may not be exhaustive.
The following train numbers are in use:
- C1 – C9998: All C trains
Please note that trains with numbers between C9001 and C9998 are usually extra trains.