▶ During peak hours on weekdays, this station is likely to be busy for both interchanges and entrances / exits.
- Area: Xidan Crossing, Xicheng district
West central Beijing, inside Western 2nd Ring
- Streets: Xidan North Street and West Chang’an Avenue
Train Service Schedules
- Hours of Train Service:
▶ Line 1 westbound to Pingguoyuan: 05:17–23:38
▶ Line 1 eastbound to Sihui East: 05:17–23:27
Line 4 northbound to Anheqiao North: 05:25–23:25
▶ Line 4 southbound to Gongyixiqiao and Tian’gongyuan: 05:35–22:55 (last trains to Gongyixiqiao only run until 23:20)
▶ Enter stations at least 10 minutes before the last train arrives, as ticket gates can close early.
- Line 1 Service Frequencies: Minimum (peak): one train every 2 minutes 5 seconds (approx 28 trains per hour)
- Line 4 Service Frequencies: Minimum (peak): one train every 2 minutes (approx 30 trains per hour)
Ground Level (Level 1)
Note: Exits A, E, F and J also have underground connections to nearby buildings or underpasses.
Underground Level 1
- Line 4 concourse
- LIne 4 interchange passageways to Line 1
Underground Level 2
- Line 1 concourse
- Line 1 interchange passageways to Line 4
- Line 4 platforms
Underground Level 3
- Line 1 platforms
- Staffed Counters: Concourses or entrance halls before gates
- Ticket and Add Value Machines: Throughout concourse
- Location of Line 1 Platforms: One central island platform on Underground Level 2
- Location of Line 4 Platforms: One central island platform on Underground Level 3
- Side Train Doors Open: Doors will open on the left, both on Line 1 and Line 4
- Ease Changing Lines: Interchange passageways have to be used. On Line 4, this is by using a dedicated set of escalators and stairs at the southernmost end of the platform.
- Line 1 ▶ Line 4: Head upstairs to use the interchange passageway between Exits A and B (still in the paid area)
- Line 4 ▶ Line 1: Head to the southernmost end of the platform, beyond the set of escalators and stairs for Exits H and J, to use dedicated access to corridors leading to Line 1
- Toilets: Line 1 toilets in public area by access to Exit A; Line 4 toilets in paid area at platform level
- Police Office: Details being confirmed
- Cash Machines: In at least Line 4 concourse (public area)
- Ticket Gates: Wide gates available
- Access from Exit to Concourse: Lift available by Line 4 entrances.
- Access from Concourse to Platform: Lifts available.
8 exits available: Exits A–F, H and J
▶ Mixed concourses in use. Pay particular attention to exit signs.
▶ Exits A–E are accessed from the Line 4 part
▶ Exits F, H and J are accessed from the Line 4 part
▶ These exit sets are close together: Line 1 Exits A and E; Exit B; Exits C and D; Line 4 Exits F and J; Exit H
Bearings are based on which direction an individual is facing at the point of exit on ground level. Unless otherwise noted, all exits have escalator access as well as stairs. Use lifts if on wheelchairs, carrying heavy loads, or using prams.
- Exit A (Line 1): Westbound on West Chang’an Avenue
- Exit B (Line 1): Westbound by West Chang’an Avenue
- Exit C (Line 1): Eastbound by West Chang’an Avenue and Beijing Books Building
- Exit D (Line 1): Eastbound by West Chang’an Avenue
- Exit E (Line 1): Eastbound by West Chang’an Avenue with direct underground access
- Exit F (Line 4): Leads to north-south underpass beneath West Chang’an Avenue
- Exit H (Line 4): By Xidan North Avenue
- Exit J (Line 4): Leads to north-south underpass beneath West Chang’an Avenue
- Exit A (Line 1): Shopping centres and Xidan Square
- Exit B (Line 1): Shopping centres and Bank of Communications
- Exit C (Line 1): Beijing Books Building and Civil Aviation Building
- Exit F (Line 4): Bank of China Building
- Exit J (Line 1): China Everbright Bank and China Minsheng Bank
- Transfer to Buses: Bus info coming
Stations in the Immediate Vicinity
▶ Line 1: PINGGUOYUAN – … – Fuxingmen – Xidan – Tian’anmen West – … – SIHUI EAST
▶ Line 4: ANHEQIAO NORTH – … – Lingjing Hutong – Xidan – Xuanwumen – … – TIAN’GONGYUAN
Furthest on Minimum Fare (RMB 3.—) (if remaining on this line)
▶ Line 1: As far west as Gongzhufen; or as far east as Jianguomen
▶ Line 4: As far north as Xizhimen; or as far east as Beijing South Railway Station
Furthest within 10 minutes (train travel times only)
▶ Line 1: As far west as Military Museum; or as far east as Dongdan
▶ Line 4: As far north as Xinjiekou; or as far east as Taoranting
The above information was last updated on 14 June 2015. E&OE. Travel times provided by ExploreBeijing.