Regular service at this station. This station is not usually busy outside of major holidays, but might be slightly busier over the summer.
If so, use Wangfujing station, which is nearby.
Expect queues at security checkpoints. Exits C and D are likely less busy.
- Area: Northeastern corner of Tian’anmen Square, Dongcheng district
Central Beijing, city centre
- Streets: East and West Chang’an Avenues; Tian’anmen Square East and West Side Roads
- Hours of Train Service:
▶ Line 1 westbound to Pingguoyuan: 05:13–23:45
▶ Line 1 eastbound to Sihui East: 05:19–23:20
▶ Enter stations at least 10 minutes before the last train arrives, as ticket gates can close early.
- Service Frequencies: Minimum (peak): one train every 2 minutes 5 seconds (approx 29 trains per hour)
- Staffed Counters: Concourses before gates
- Ticket and Value Machines: Throughout concourse
▶ If Add Value machines not available, use a staffed counter.
- Location of Platforms: One central island platform on Underground Level 2
- Side Train Doors Open: Doors will open on the left
- Ticket Gates: Wide gate available
- Station Access: Exit B has a wheelchair lift
▶ Call station for assistance: Tel. +86 10 ———
4 exits available: Exits A–D.
▶ Through concourse in use. Choose exit at concourse.
▶ Exit Sets: A & D; B & C
Bearings are based on which direction an individual is facing at the point of exit on ground level.
- Exit A (NW exit): Westbound exit leads to north-south underground passageway to Tian’anmen Square
- Exit B (NE exit): Eastbound on East Chang’an Avenue
- Exit C (SE exit): Southbound towards National Museum of China
- Exit D (SW exit): Southbound on Tian’anmen Square East Side Road
Exit A: The underpass leads directly to Tian’anmen Square, Tian’anmen Gate, the Monument to the People’s Heroes, and the Forbidden City.
Exits C and D: National Museum of China
- Transfer to Buses: Bus info coming