Regular service at this station. This station is not usually busy outside of major holidays, but might be slightly busier over the summer.
If so, use Hepingmen station, which is nearby.
Expect queues at security checkpoints, especially at Exit A.
- Area: Qianmen, Dongcheng District
Central eastern Beijing, inside East 2nd Ring
- Streets: Qianmen East and West Streets; Tian’anmen Square East and West Side Roads; Qianmen Street
- Hours of Train Service:
▶ Line 2 clockwise loop to Hepingmen and Xuanwumen: 05:17–22:21
▶ Line 2 clockwise to Xizhimen: Last train at 23:10
▶ Line 2 counterclockwise loop to Chongwenmen and Beijing Railway Station: 05:25–22:30
▶ Line 2 counterclockwise to Jishuitan: Last train at 23:15
▶ Enter stations at least 10 minutes before the last train arrives, as ticket gates can close early.
- Service Frequencies: Minimum (peak): one train every 2 minutes 5 seconds (approx 29 trains per hour)
- Staffed Counters: Concourses before gates
- Ticket and Value Machines: Counters or machines before gates
▶ Add Value machines not available at this station. Use counter by Exit C
- Location of Line 2 Platforms: One central island platform on Underground Level 2
- Side Train Doors Open: Doors will open on the left
- Ticket Gates: Wide gate available
- Station Access: Exit A has wheelchair lift
▶ Call station for assistance: Tel. +86 10 ———
3 exits available: Exits A–C.
▶ Split concourses in use. Choose exit, then leave platform.
▶ Exit Sets: A & B; C
Bearings are based on which direction an individual is facing at the point of exit on ground level.
- Exit A (NE exit): Eastbound exit leads directly into Tian’anmen Square (additional security check required)
- Exit B (SE exit): Eastbound exit by Qianmen East Street
- Exit C (SW exit): Westbound exit by Qianmen West Street
Exit A: Tian’anmen Square, Zhengyang Gate and Arrow Tower, Mao Zedong Memorial Hall
Exits B and C: Qianmen Shopping Street
- Transfer to BRT: BRT Line 1 Qianmen stop nearby