▶ During peak hours on weekdays, this station is likely to be busy for both interchanges and entrances / exits.
- Area: Dongdan Crossing, Dongcheng district
East central Beijing, inside Eastern 2nd Ring
- Streets: Dongdan North Street, Chongwenmen Inner Street, and West Chang’an Avenue
- Hours of Train Service:
▶ Line 1 westbound to Pingguoyuan: 05:09–23:20
▶ Line 1 eastbound to Sihui East: 05:25–23:35
▶ Line 5 northbound to Tiantongyuan North: 05:33–23:24
▶ Line 5 southbound to Songjiazhuang: 05:36–23:24
▶ Enter stations at least 10 minutes before the last train arrives, as ticket gates can close early.
- Line 1 Service Frequencies: Minimum (peak): one train every 2 minutes 5 seconds (approx 28 trains per hour)
- Line 5 Service Frequencies: Minimum (peak): one train every 2 minutes 30 seconds (approx 24 trains per hour)
- Staffed Counters: Concourses or entrance halls before gates
- Ticket and Add Value Machines: Throughout concourse
- Location of Line 1 Platforms: One central island platform on Underground Level 2
- Location of Line 5 Platforms: One central island platform on Underground Level 3
- Side Train Doors Open: Doors will open on the left, both on Line 1 and Line 5
- Ease Changing Lines: Interchange passageways have to be used. You must leave the platforms to use the passageways.
- Line 1 ▶ Line 5: Head upstairs to use the interchange passageway
- Line 5 ▶ Line 1: Follow signage from the platform to the concourse to access the interchange passageway
- Ticket Gates: Wide gates available
- Station Access: Wheelchair lifts from Exits C and D from Line 1 entrances, or from separate Exit B from Line 5 entrances.
8 exits available: Exits A–D (two sets of exits under same naming system, one set for each line)
▶ Mixed concourses in use. Pay particular attention to exit signs.
▶ There will be separate Exits A–D for each line, so it is very important you figure out which exit on which line you will use.
Bearings are based on which direction an individual is facing at the point of exit on ground level.
- Exit A (Line 1): Westbound on East Chang’an Avenue
- Exit A (Line 5): Westbound on East Chang’an Avenue
- Exit B (Line 1): Eastbound by East Chang’an Avenue
- Exit B (Line 5): Westbound by East Chang’an Avenue
- Exit C (Line 1): Westbound on East Chang’an Avenue
- Exit C (Line 5): Southbound on Chongwenmen Inner Street
- Exit D (Line 1): Westbound on East Chang’an Avenue
- Exit D (Line 5): By southwestern corner of crossing
- Exit A (Line 1): China Netcom Building; Agricultural Bank of China
- Exit A (Line 5): The Malls at Oriental Plaza
- Exit B (Line 1): China Netcom Building; Agricultural Bank of China
- Exit B (Line 5): China Netcom Building; Agricultural Bank of China
- Exit D (Line 5): Dongdan Gym Centre
- Transfer to Buses: Bus info coming
Stations in the Immediate Vicinity
▶ Line 1: PINGGUOYUAN – … – Wangfujing – Dongdan – Jianguomen – … – SIHUI EAST
▶ Line 5: TIANTONGYUAN NORTH – … – Dengshikou – Dongdan – Chongwenmen – … – SONGJIAZHUANG
Furthest on Minimum Fare (RMB 3.—) (if remaining on this line)
▶ Line 1: As far west as Nanlishilu; or as far east as Dawanglu
▶ Line 5: As far north as Beixinqiao; or as far south as Puhuangyu
Furthest within 10 minutes (train travel times only)
▶ Line 1: As far west as Xidan; or as far east as Guomao
▶ Line 5: As far north as Hepingli Beijie; or as far south as Liujiayao