▶ This is a key transfer station. Exit C and the one-way entrance to this station from the main line railway station can be busy at times.
- Area: Beijing Railway Station, Dongcheng district
Eastern central Beijing, by East 2nd Ring
- Streets: Jianguomen Inner and Outer Streets, East 2nd Ring Road
- Hours of Train Service:
▶ Line 2 clockwise loop to Chongwenmen and Xuanwumen: 05:12–22:16
▶ Line 2 clockwise to Xizhimen: Last train at 23:05
▶ Line 2 counterclockwise loop to Jianguomen and Chaoyangmen: 05:15–22:36
▶ Line 2 counterclockwise to Jishuitan: Last train at 23:21
▶ Some Line 2 trains, in particular those late at night, will not run a full loop service, and will only go as far as Xizhimen or Jishuitan.
▶ Enter stations at least 10 minutes before the last train arrives, as ticket gates can close early.
- Line 2 Service Frequencies: Minimum (peak): one train every 2 minutes (approx 30 trains per hour)
- Staffed Counters: Concourses or entrance halls before gates, or at separate ticket hall before entrance by main line railway station
- Ticket Machines: By entrances, or at separate ticket hall before entrance by main line railway station.
▶ To add value, please proceed to the staffed ticket counter at Exit A or the entrance from the main line railway station.
- Location of Line 2 Platforms: One central island platform on Underground Level 2
- Side Train Doors Open: Doors will open on the left
Transfers to national railways
- Ease Changing Lines: Use dedicated entrances / exits. The main line station is closest to Exit C.
- Subway ▶ Rail: Use Exit C and turn right for the main line station and ticket hall
- Rail ▶ Subway: Use the dedicated entrance at the main line station square. From the main line station, turn left at the station exit for access to the Beijing Subway.
- Ticket Gates: Wide gates available
- Station Access: Wheelchair Lift by Exit A.
3 exits available: Exits A–C
▶ Split concourses in use. Choose exit before leaving platform.
▶ The one-way entrance from the main line station is Exit D, and is one-way only (entrance only, no exit)
▶ For access to the main line railway station, use Exit C.
Bearings are based on which direction an individual is facing at the point of exit on ground level.
- Exit A: Westbound on Beijing Railway Station West Street (north side)
- Exit B: Eastbound on Beijing Railway Station East Street (east side)
- Exit C: To Beijing Railway Station (main line national railways station)
- Exit C: Beijing Railway Station
- Transfer to national railways: Exit C for the entrance and ticket hall
Stations in the Immediate Vicinity
▶ Line 2: Xuanwumen – … – Chongwenmen – Beijing Railway Station – Jianguomen – … – Chaoyangmen
Furthest on Minimum Fare (RMB 3.—) (if remaining on this line)
▶ Line 2: As far clockwise as Changchunjie; or as far counterclockwise as Dongzhimen
Furthest within 10 minutes (train travel times only)
▶ Line 2: As far clockwise as Hepingmen; or as far counterclockwise as Dongzhimen