The city of Ganzhou, in southern Jiangxi, southeastern China, will, in five years’ time, get a new HSR link. The new, 415 km (258 mile) link, ready for speeds of 250 km/h (155 mph), will also be ready for future speedbumps.
RMB 50.7 billion is being poured into the project, which has been built since 15 July 2015. The new link connects Nanchang, capital of the province of Jiangxi, known for the Nanchang Uprising, to Ganzhou, a city in southern Jiangxi that has been settled since the Han Dynasty (around 1,800 years ago).
There will be a total of 13 stations on this line. These will be:
- Nanchang 南昌
- Henggang 横岗
- Fengcheng East (Fengchengdong) 丰城东
- Zhangshu East (Zhangshudong) 樟树东
- Xin’gan East (Xin’gandong) 新干东
- Xiajiang 峡江
- Jishui West (Jishuixi) 吉水西
- Ji’an West (Ji’anxi) 吉安西
- Taihe 泰合
- Wan’an 万安
- Xingguo West (Xingguoxi) 兴国西
- Ganxian North (Ganxianbei) 赣县北
- Ganzhou West (Ganzhouxi) 赣州西