The nine escalators at Shaoyaoju Subway Station are in need of major repairs, and the air-conditioning systems also need significant improvements. To carry out this work, the Beijing Subway is closing Shaoyaoju station to passengers (although trains will not be affected — apart from not stopping at this station). These works will require almost ten days — from the first train on 20 March 2015 through to the last train on 29 March 2015.
As Shaoyaoju is an interchange station between Lines 10 and 13, passengers are advised to use the other Lines 10 / 13 station, Zhichunlu. However, there are other ways to connect between these lines by using third or other lines:
- Change at Beitucheng from Line 10 onto Line 8, then change again onto Line 13 at Huoying; or
- Change at Huixinxijie Nankou from Line 10 onto Line 5, then change again onto Line 13 at Lishuiqiao
Line 10 connects with Lines 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9, as well as the Airport Express. Line 13 connects with Lines 2, 4, 5, 8, and 15, as well as the Airport Express and Changping Line. Passengers can also mix and match, and choose combinations between these lines to get to their destination.
There are also bus connections from Shaoyaoju to and from nearby Lines 10 and 13 stations. These are:
- To / from Huixinxijie Nankou station (for Lines 5 and 10): Bus Route 515
- To / from Taiyanggong station (for Line 10): Bus Routes 515 and 567
- To / from Wangjing West station (for Lines 13 and 15): Bus Route 547
- To / from Guangximen station (for Line 13): Bus Route 547